Owner and sole inspector Darryl Piatt: Now one of 8 master inspectors in Oregon
A full home inspection can let you know.
- Is the attic insulated?
- Is the floor insulated?
- Dos the attic have adequate ventilation, moisture issues?
- Dos the crawl space have adequate ventilation. ,moisture issues?
- What kind of plumbing is in the home? Does it have issues?
- What kind and condition is the electrical system?
- What kind of roofing and are there any issues with the roofing?
- What kind of siding and are there any issues with the siding?
- Eliminates many of the unknowns about upgrades.
- Let’s you make an educated objective decision.
- Provides observations of systems by a trained, unbiased third party.
- Gives Safety and possible health related information.
- May help you save money by making you aware of costly repairs or safety up-grades before closing. Repair and upgrade cost are rising each year.
Below are questions that anyone shopping for a home inspector to hire should ask.
- Does the report have images of the major issues are all the images taken at the inspection available for you to see? Yes mine do
- How long will the physical inspection take you for my home give size and layout of home, includes outbuildings? Approx 3 hours for most.
- When will the report be available? If it is as soon as the physical inspection is complete then it is a check box generic statement report that does not give personal individual attention to the home. MOST TIMES BY NOON THE NEXT DAY
- How many pages are the reports? Reports should be at least 20 plus pages unless images are separate. MY REPORTS ARE 26 PLUS PAGES
- How long will you take with us at the walk through after the inspection to explain thing? AS LONG AS IT TAKES
- What is your construction experience, how long have you been doing inspections? 30 PLUS YEARS
- Are you insured for errors and omissions insurance? YES
- Could I have you send me a sample report? Sample Report Link
A Summery of the most important issues is normally added at end of report. The report shows how I address each home, like no closet it bedroom. Note how the issues are color highlighted for your convienence.
Unbiased: Oregon Home Inspectors cannot do repairs and I do not get referrals for any issues that may be found. I do not work for the Realtor even if they referred me to you. I work only for you and do everything I can to make a complete and comprehensive report. For details of what is covered in the report please Read Oregon State Home Inspectors Standards and Practices.
I am 60 years old and am the sole owner of Precise Property Inspection. I have been involved in the Construction Industry for most of my life. I am licensed bonded and insured. I always return calls, and keep my word. My integrity honesty and reliability are very important to me.
Darryl PiattPrecise Property Inspection 63627 N Olive Rd OCHI 1475 CCB 193445 NACHI 11031413 541-888-0270 Fax 267-274-9048 Precsiepi@yahoo.com